K2 Base Camp Gondogoro La Trek
Undertake the renowned K2 Base Camp Gondogoro La Trek, a breathtaking adventure through the stunning Karakoram Range. This challenging expedition reveals a mesmerizing landscape of glaciers and towering peaks leading to the legendary Concordia. Experience over 40 peaks soaring above 6500 meters, including the mighty K2, and conquer the Gondogoro La at 5700 meters for unparalleled vistas. Every day unfolds new natural wonders, making this trek a unique and unforgettable journey into the heart of Pakistan's wilderness.
- Extreme weather conditions prevail, ranging from freezing to well below freezing, particularly at higher altitudes.
- Rapid weather changes and occasional snowfall can occur even during the summer months.
Best Time to Visit:
- Late June to early September is optimal for the K2 Base Camp and Gondogoro La Trek.
- During these months, temperatures at lower elevations are relatively milder, creating a more comfortable trekking environment.
- Temperatures can vary widely, with colder conditions at higher elevations.
- Trekkers should be prepared for cool temperatures and potential temperature drops, especially during the night.
- Trekkers should be equipped with appropriate gear for cold weather, including insulated clothing, sleeping bags, and waterproof gear.
- Adequate acclimatization is crucial to mitigate the effects of high altitudes and temperature variations.
- The trek covers challenging terrains, including glaciers and mountain passes.
- Trekkers should be physically prepared for strenuous walks and challenging landscapes.
- Summer months offer better accessibility to trekking routes.
- Winter conditions may lead to closures and increased difficulty in navigating the paths.
- Despite the challenging conditions, the trek offers breathtaking views of the Karakoram Range.
- Trekkers can witness stunning landscapes, including glaciers, peaks, and the iconic K2 Base Camp.
- Considering the challenging conditions, guided tours with experienced local guides are recommended for safety and navigation.
- Guides can provide valuable insights into weather patterns and ensure a well-managed trekking experience.
- Trekkers should be aware of altitude-related challenges and acclimatization requirements.
- Gradual ascent and rest days at specific altitudes are essential for a safer and more enjoyable trek.
Standing at an elevation of 5,700 meters is a formidable mountain pass that forms a critical juncture on the K2 Base Camp and Gondogoro La Trek. Towering peaks surround this challenging ascent and offer panoramic views of the Karakoram Range. Trekkers undertaking this adventure must navigate steep, icy terrain, making it a physical and mental challenge. The reward, however, is unparalleled as reaching the summit unveils a breathtaking spectacle of some of the world's highest peaks, including the majestic K2.
Gondogoro La Trek Difficulty:
Discover the mesmerizing beauty of the Karakoram Range through the Gondogoro La Trek. This journey unveils awe-inspiring landscapes ranging from icy glaciers to rugged terrains. This high-altitude adventure, reaching beyond 5,000 meters, challenges physical endurance and mental resilience. Navigate through technical sections, including the formidable Gondogoro La pass, featuring steep ascents and descents. Brace yourself for variable weather conditions, adding an unpredictable dimension to this unforgettable trekking experience.
In Hushe Valley, a marvel in the Karakoram unfolds at the feet of towering peaks. The high mountain pass, Gondogoro La, challenges trekkers at a staggering 5,700 meters, revealing panoramic vistas. This icy traverse leads to the renowned K2 Base Camp, perched at 5,150 meters, a haven for mountaineers. Aspiring adventurers might wonder, "How high is Gondogoro La?" - reaching an impressive altitude. Another query arises, "How much is K2 Base Camp?" - an elevation that beckons those seeking the thrill of the world's second-highest peak.
Day 01: Arrival in Islamabad/Rawalpindi (Hotel)
Upon arrival, await the next flight to Skardu; if not possible, drive to Skardu, spending the night in Besham or Chilas Panorama Hotel.
Day 02: Skardu (Hotel)
Emergency day or road transfer from Chilas to Skardu. Total drive time from Islamabad to Skardu: 22-24 hours. Overnight at Masherbrum Hotel with all meals.
Day 03: Skardu to Jhula/Iqbal e Sakboo (Camp)
Embark on jeeps for a day-long ride to Iqbal e Sakboo. Cross Askole, the last habitation before the Great Glaciers. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 3100 meters.
Day 04: Jhula/Iqbal e Sakboo to Paiju (Camp)
Start trekking to Paiju, passing traditional Korophon, Jhula, and Bardumal stages. Enjoy views of the Baltoro Glacier. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 3480 meters.
Day 05: Paiju to Khobursay (Camp)
Trek to Khobursay, traversing the junction of Paiju-Baltoro Glaciers with views of Trango, Uli Biaho & Bial Groups. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 3700 meters.
Day 06: Paiju to Urdukas (Camp)
Continue trekking to Urdukas, crossing glacier moraines with splendid views. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 4130 meters.
Day 07: Rest Day at Urdukas (Camp)
Rest day for acclimatization at Urdukas camp.
Day 08: Urdukas to Goroi (Camp)
Trek on the icy Baltoro Glacier with Muztagh, Mitre & Gasherbrum IV views. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 4500 meters.
Day 09: Goroi to Concordia (Camp)
Resume the trek on the Baltoro Glacier to Concordia, a junction of Baltoro, Abruzzi & Godwin Austin Glaciers. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 4720 meters.
Day 10: Rest Day at Concordia (Camp)
Explore K2 Base Camp on a day trip. Overnight in tents at Concordia.
Day 11: Concordia to Ali Camp (Camp)
Leave Concordia, cross side glaciers, and reach Ali Camp. Overnight in tents.
Day 12: Ali Camp - Cross Gondogoro Pass - Khuspang (Camp)
Early start to cross Gondogoro Pass at 5700 meters. Overnight in tents at an altitude of 5700 meters.
Day 13: Khuspang Rest Day (Camp)
Rest day at Khuspang with an optional attempt in case of bad weather.
Day 14: Khuspang to Dalsangpa (Camp)
Trek to Dalsangpa, a beautiful campsite at about 4150 meters. Overnight in tents.
Day 15: Dalsangpa to Shaicho (Camp)
Resume trekking to Shaicho, passing along the lateral moraine. Overnight in tents.
Day 16: Shaicho to Hushey (Camp)
Walk around for views of K7 K6 peaks before returning to Shaicho and trekking to Hushe village. Overnight in tents.
Day 17: Hushey to Skardu (Hotel)
Embark on jeeps for a day-long ride to Skardu. Transfer to your chosen hotel. All meals included.
Day 18: Skardu to Islamabad (Hotel)
Early morning flight to Islamabad; if not possible, drive to Gilgit—an overnight hotel.
Day 19: Islamabad (Hotel)
Upon arrival, transfer to your hotel in Rawalpindi. Evening sightseeing.
Day 20: Rawalpindi
Fly back to your country with cherished memories of Pakistan.
End of our services. Join Jasmine Tours Travel and Unearth the Marvels of K2 and Beyond.