Northern Areas of Pakistan Tour Packages
Explore the mesmerizing Northern Areas of Pakistan, where the Karakoram and Himalayan mountain ranges create a stunning backdrop for your journey. Our Northern Areas tour invites you into pristine landscapes, from enchanting valleys to crystal-clear lakes, unveiling historical treasures. Discover the allure of Hunza Valley, marvel at Nanga Parbat's grandeur, and traverse ancient trade routes. Experience warm hospitality, savour unique regional flavours, and find serenity in nature's embrace. Whether an adventure seeker, history enthusiast, or nature lover, our tour offers an unforgettable exploration of one of the world's most captivating destinations. Let us guide you through this harmonious symphony of peaks and valleys, revealing hidden gems and cultural riches for enduring memories.
Famous Places in Northern Areas of Pakistan:
- Hunza Valley: Known for its majestic landscapes, terraced fields, and serene lakes, Hunza Valley is a significant highlight. Explore historic forts, vibrant local bazaars, and the timeless Baltit and Altit Forts.
- Skardu: As the gateway to some of the world's highest peaks, including K2, Skardu is a base for trekking and mountaineering adventures. Towering mountains surround it and offer the Shangrila Resort as a popular attraction.
- Attabad Lake: Formed after a landslide in 2010, Attabad Lake is renowned for its surreal turquoise waters. Visitors can enjoy boat rides and appreciate the unique beauty of this natural wonder.
- Naltar Valley: Naltar Valley is famous for its lush green forests, crystal-clear lakes, and colourful Naltar Lake. It's ideal for hiking, camping, and enjoying the pristine surroundings.
- Deosai National Park: Known as the "Land of Giants," Deosai National Park is a high-altitude plateau with expansive meadows, pristine lakes, and the opportunity to spot wildlife like Himalayan brown bears.
- Fairy Meadows: Offering enchanting views of Nanga Parbat, the world's ninth-highest mountain, Fairy Meadows is a paradise for trekkers and nature lovers.
- Shigar Fort: Shigar Fort, converted into a museum and boutique hotel, showcases grand architecture and historical significance. It's a beautiful place to explore the cultural heritage of the region.
- Rama Valley: Rama Valley is known for its lush greenery, serene environment, and the Rama Lake, surrounded by wildflowers, making it a charming spot for nature enthusiasts.
- Hopper Valley: Home to Hopper Glacier, Hopper Valley features abundant flora and is known for its colourful flowers in the summer.
- Khunjerab Pass: Located on the border with China, Khunjerab Pass offers stunning vistas of the Karakoram Range and is one of the highest border crossings in the world.
Northern Pakistan Weather: Best Time to Visit
- Spring (April and May): This is the perfect time to witness the valley coming to life with blossoming trees and flowers.
- Summer (June to September): Summer offers comfortable temperatures and clear skies for trekking, visiting forts, and enjoying the stunning scenery.
- Spring (April and May): As the snow melts, it's an excellent time for trekking and enjoying the apricot blossoms.
- Summer (June to September): These months provide optimal conditions for exploring the surrounding mountains, lakes, and historical sites.
- Spring (April and May): This is a great time to trek to Fairy Meadows while the trails are in good condition.
- Summer (June to September): Summer offers clear views of Nanga Parbat and the lush meadows for camping.
- Spring (April and May): Enjoy the valley's vibrant colours of wildflowers and greenery.
- Summer (June to September): Hike around the beautiful Naltar Lake and explore the surroundings.
Deosai National Park:
- Summer (June to September): Deosai is accessible when the roads are clear of snow and the meadows fully bloom.
- Spring (April and May): Witness the stunning turquoise waters of Attabad Lake and enjoy boat rides.
- Summer (June to September): This is the best time for water-based activities and admiring the lake's unique beauty.
- Spring (April and May): Enjoy the lush greenery and blooming flowers in Rama Valley.
- Summer (June to September): Explore Rama Lake and enjoy the serene environment.
- Late spring (late May to early June): The pass becomes accessible, offering breathtaking views of the Karakoram Range.
Food in Northern Pakistan:
The cuisine of Northern Pakistan combines staples like wheat and barley with meat dishes such as kebabs, stews, and curries. Dumplings like Momo and Mantoo are famous, and dried fruits like apricots and nuts are widely used. Local bread and pastries offer delicious snacking options.
Dance and Music:
The region features vibrant traditional dances during festivals, with the Balti people known for their lively dances. Folk music is essential, with instruments like the rubab and flute creating melodious tunes. Traditional dances and music are celebrated during festivals, showcasing cultural richness and diversity.
Linguistic diversity is evident in Northern Pakistan, with languages like Shina, Balti, Wakhi, and Burushaski. These languages reflect unique cultural and historical aspects, enriching the region's cultural heritage and preserving diverse community traditions.
Northern Areas of Pakistan Tour Packages Detail:
DAY 01: ARRIVAL IN ISLAMABAD
- Arrive early morning at Islamabad International Airport.
- Transfer to the hotel in Islamabad.
DAY 02: ARRIVAL IN RAWALPINDI/ISLAMABAD
- Explore Rawalpindi and Islamabad.
- These twin cities are located on the edge of the Potohar Plateau.
DAY 03: ISLAMABAD TO NARAN
- Early departure from Islamabad to Naran.
- Enjoy the lush green meadows and Kunhar River.
- Explore Naran's bazaars.
DAY 04: NARAN TO RAMA LAKE, ASTORE
- Depart for Babusar Pass and continue to Astore Valley.
- Reach Rama Lake in the evening.
DAY 05: RAMA LAKE, ASTORE
- Full-day sightseeing at Rama Lake.
- Enjoy the mountain beauty.
DAY 06: ASTORE TO SKARDU VIA DEOSAI NATIONAL PARK
- Drive by 4x4 to Skardu via Deosai National Park.
- Explore the highest plateau in the world.
- Rich flora and fauna in the Karakoram.
DAY 07: SKARDU, SHANGRILA, AND UPPER KACHORA LAKE
- Sightseeing of Lower Kachora and Upper Kachora Lake.
- Return to the hotel in the evening.
DAY 08: SKARDU TO KHAPLU
- Drive to Manthuka Waterfall and then to Khaplu, the administrative capital of Ghangche District.
DAY 09: KHAPLU TO SKARDU
- Morning departure for Skardu.
- Visit Skardu Bazaar and Kharpocho Fort in the evening.
DAY 10: SKARDU TO KARIMABAD
- Early morning departure for Karimabad, the capital of Hunza.
DAY 11: KARIMABAD
- Full-day excursion of Altit and Baltit Forts.
- Visit Upper Hunza Passu in the evening.
DAY 12: KARIMABAD TO GILGIT
- Sunrise tour of Dukar and breakfast.
- Drive to Gilgit.
DAY 13: GILGIT TO PHANDER
- Drive toward Phander.
- Visit the Kargah Nulla with its rock carving.
DAY 14: PHANDER TO CHITRAL
- Drive to Chitral.
- Visit Chitral Bazaar.
DAY 15: KALASH BOMBORET TO AYUN FORT
- Drive to Kalash Valley.
- Explore Bomboret in one of the Kalash Valleys.
DAY 16: CHITRAL TO SWAT
- Proceed to Swat via Lowari Pass and Dir.
- Arrive in Swat.
DAY 17: SWAT TO ISLAMABAD
- Resume the journey to Islamabad.
- En route, visit Takht Bhai, a Buddhist monastery.
DAY 18: ISLAMABAD
- Transfer to the airport for your return flight.
Please note that this itinerary is subject to change due to unforeseen circumstances.