Lahore Tour Package
Lahore, a city steeped in rich cultural heritage and historical significance, offers an immersive experience for travelers exploring its vibrant streets and historic sites. A Lahore tour is an adventure through time, encapsulating the majestic Mughal architecture of the Lahore Fort and Badshahi Mosque, resonating with tales of the city's royal past. The winding streets of Lahore's Old City, bustling with energy and adorned with centuries-old havelis and aromatic food stalls, provide a sensory overload, inviting visitors to indulge in delectable local cuisine and experience the warmth of Lahori hospitality. The tour unveils the story of the ancient Walled City, showcasing the intricate designs of Wazir Khan Mosque and the cultural tapestry of Shahi Hammam, allowing a glimpse into the city's cultural mosaic.
Best Places to Visit:
- Badshahi Mosque: An iconic Mughal-era mosque known for its grandeur and architectural magnificence.
- Lahore Fort (Shahi Qila): A UNESCO World Heritage Site housing various structures from different eras, including the Sheesh Mahal and Alamgiri Gate.
- Shalimar Gardens: A stunning Mughal garden recognized for its terraced layout, fountains, and lush greenery.
- Wazir Khan Mosque: Renowned for its intricate tile work and stunning craftsmanship, it is a masterpiece of Mughal architecture.
- Lahore Museum: Home to an extensive collection of artifacts, including Gandhara art, manuscripts, and relics from the subcontinent's history.
- Anarkali Bazaar: One of Lahore's oldest and busiest markets, offering various goods, from textiles and jewellery to traditional crafts.
- Minar-e-Pakistan: A national monument symbolizing the Lahore Resolution, offering panoramic city views.
- Jilani Park (Racecourse Park): A spacious urban park ideal for leisurely walks, picnics, and recreational activities.
- National Museum of Science and Technology: Showcasing scientific achievements and technological advancements, an educational and interactive space.
- Lahore Zoo: A family-friendly attraction with diverse animal species, providing a fun and educational experience.
Day 1: Lahore
- Transfer to the airport for your domestic flight to Lahore.
- Upon arrival, you will be met and transferred to your hotel.
Full Day Sightseeing Excursion:
- Morning Visit to the Walled City of Lahore, including:
- Wazir Khan's Mosque - built in 1634 by Hakim Ali-ud-Din.
- Shrine of Data Ganj Bakhsh - a great scholar from Ghazni (1039-1072) with millions of pilgrims.
- Anarkali Bazaar - a cluster of street bazaars exclusively for ladies.
- Return to the hotel for lunch.
- Resume sightseeing.
- Visit Shalimar Gardens - built by Shah Jahan in 1642, a terraced garden adorned with beautiful fountains, marble pavilions, and geometrically designed ponds.
- Continue to Wagha Border for the flag-lowering ceremony.
- Return to your hotel overnight.
Day 2: Lahore
Full Day Sightseeing Excursion:
- Visit the Lahore Fort - a marvel of Mughal Architecture begun in the 11th Century and completed at the end of the 16th Century. Notable emperors who contributed to its splendour include Akbar, Jahangir, and Shah Jehan.
- Visit the Badshahi Mosque - the second biggest in the world, made of red stone by Aurangzeb.
- Explore Hazuri Bagh - a grand marble pavilion constructed by Raja Ranjit Singh in 1818.
- Visit Minar-e-Pakistan - a towering Pakistan Day Memorial.
- Visit the Lahore Museum, built by the Britishers in Mughal Gothic style. It's Pakistan's best Museum, with a rich collection of Buddhist stone sculptures from the Gandharan Period, a fine Islamic collection of illustrated manuscripts, miniatures, rugs, and carvings, a good ethnographic display, and a gallery with an excellent prehistoric display.
- Transfer to the airport for your flight back to Islamabad, marking the end of the tour.
This itinerary offers an extensive exploration of Lahore's historical, architectural, and cultural treasures over two days.