Historical Places Tour Pakistan
Discover Pakistan's rich history on a tour from modern Islamabad to bustling Karachi. Unravel the legacies of the ancient Indus and Gandhara civilizations, exploring archaeological sites like Taxila and iconic landmarks such as Lahore's Badshahi Mosque. The journey delves into the influences of conquerors, Sufis, and emperors, from the Mughals to the British, providing a captivating glimpse into the enthralling history and breathtaking landscapes of Pakistan's cities, towns, and villages over thousands of years.
Chaukhandi tombs in the Makli Necropolis near Thatta, Pakistan, represent a distinctive gravestone art style prevalent in the Sindh region. From the 15th to 18th centuries, these unique markers feature intricate sandstone carvings with geometric and floral patterns, blending Islamic and indigenous design elements. The term "Chaukhandi" reflects their four-cornered shape. Historically associated with the Jokhio and Baloch tribes, these tombs were crafted for warriors and notable individuals, showcasing their achievements. Today, the Chaukhandi graveyard is a significant archaeological site, offering insights into Sindh's cultural and historical dimensions and attracting historians, archaeologists, and tourists alike.
UNESCO Heritage Sites of Pakistan:
- Islamabad: The modern capital of Pakistan, Islamabad, is the starting point of your heritage journey. It's a city where tradition meets contemporary, and it sets the stage for exploring Pakistan's ancient civilizations.
- Karachi: As Pakistan's financial capital, Karachi represents the culmination of your heritage tour. It's a bustling metropolis that has evolved over the centuries, reflecting the country's dynamic history and culture.
- Taxila: Taxila is an archaeological treasure trove that bears the marks of the Gandhara Civilization. It's home to numerous ancient remains that provide insights into the world of Buddhism, including captivating images of Buddha.
- Lahore: Known as the cultural capital, Lahore is a city of enchantment. From the stunning Badshahi Mosque to the Lahore Museum, it's a city where the past resonates through architectural marvels and vibrant cultures.
- Mohenjo Daro: The archaeological site of Mohenjo Daro offers a glimpse into the advanced Indus Valley Civilization. It showcases a well-developed ancient culture with sophisticated agriculture, remarkable art, and impressive urban architecture.
These cities, each with its unique heritage and historical significance, contribute to the rich tapestry of Pakistan's cultural and historical lega
Day 01: Arrival in Islamabad
- Arrive at Islamabad International Airport and transfer to the hotel.
- Half-day city tour, including Lok Virsa Museum, Pakistan Monument, Golra Railway Museum, and Shah Faisal Mosque.
Day 02: Islamabad - Taxila - Rawalpindi
- Full-day exploration of Taxila & Gurdwara Panja Sahib.
- Late afternoon visit to Raja Bazaar Rawalpindi.
Day 03: Islamabad - Lahore
- Drive to Lahore.
- En-route, visit Katas Raj Temple and Khewra Salt Mines.
Day 04: Lahore
- Visit Lahore Fort, Badshahi Mosque, Mausoleum of Jahangir & Noor Jehan, Golden Mosque & Anar Kali Bazaar.
Day 05: Lahore
- Explore Lahore further, including Wazir Khan Mosque & Shahi Hammam.
- Attend the flag ceremony in the evening (optional visit to Shalimar Garden en route to Wagah Border).
Day 06: Lahore - Multan
- Drive to Multan.
- En-route visit Harappa.
Day 07: Multan - Bahawalpur
- Tour historical sites and local bazaars in Multan.
- In the afternoon, drive to Bahawalpur.
Day 08: Bahawalpur
- Visit Derawar Fort, Noor Mahal & Uch Sharif.
Day 09: Bahawalpur - Sukkur
- Drive from Bahawalpur to Sukkur.
Day 10: Sukkur - Mohenjo Daro - Sehwan Sharif
- Visit Kot Diji and Mohenjo Daro.
- Drive to Sehwan Sharif for an overnight stay. In the evening, attend Sufi Music and dances (Dhamal).
Day 11: Sehwan - Hyderabad
- In the morning, visit the Mausoleum of Lal Shahbaz Qalandar.
- Drive to Hyderabad.
- En-route, visit the Mausoleum of the great Sufi Poet Shah Abdul Latif Bhitai.
Day 12: Hyderabad - Thatta - Karachi
- Drive to Karachi, visiting Thatta, Makli Hills, & Chaukandi tombs.
Day 13: Karachi
- Full-day city tour of Karachi.
Day 14: Departure
- Departure from Karachi.
This itinerary comprehensively explores Pakistan's rich heritage, including historical sites, museums, bazaars, and cultural experiences. Please adjust it as needed to fit your preferences and any specific interests or attractions you wish to prioritize during the tour.