Ghizer Valley Tour
Explore the mesmerizing Ghizer Valley tour on a captivating tour nestled in the Gilgit-Baltistan region of northern Pakistan, offering a wealth of natural beauty and cultural significance. Situated at the junction of the Hindu Kush, Karakoram, and Himalayan mountain ranges, this stunning valley boasts lush landscapes, mighty rivers, and awe-inspiring peaks. It's a gateway to adventure with its proximity to Phandar Lake, the Ghizer River, and the charming Gupis town, all contributing to a delightful exploration of the valley's scenic wonders and rich cultural heritage.
Ghizer Valley Weather: Best Seasons to Visit
- Spring (April to June):
Experience the valley's rejuvenation as nature blooms, with temperatures between 15°C to 25°C (59°F to 77°F). Ideal for witnessing blossoming flora.
- Summer (July to September):
Embrace mild temperatures ranging from 10°C to 20°C (50°F to 68°F), perfect for outdoor activities and clear skies.
- Autumn (October to November):
Enjoy picturesque fall foliage with temperatures between 5°C to 15°C (41°F to 59°F), offering a scenic atmosphere for exploration.
- Winter (December to March):
Encounter a snow-covered wonderland with temperatures around 0°C to 10°C (32°F to 50°F), perfect for snow enthusiasts and capturing wintry landscapes, allowing diverse experiences throughout the year.
Best Tourist Places in Ghizer Valley:
- Khalti Valley & Khalti Lake
Khalti Lake is an artificial reservoir formed by a river near the village of Khalti. The dark blue waters in summer and crystal-clear frozen lakes in winter are charming and often used for walking by the villagers.
- Phandar Valley
A scenic route through lush fields and forests leads to Phandar Valley, showcasing crystal-clear springs, deep blue lakes, and rivers that paint a spectrum of natural beauty.
- Hundarap Valley & Hundarap Lake
Hundarap, a picturesque village west of Phander, is known for Hundarap Lake, renowned for trout fishing and recognized as a high-altitude wetland by the WWF.
- Langar Valley
Surrounded by mighty mountains, Langar Valley has numerous streams, offering an excellent spot for trout fishing and camping, particularly during the summer.
- Yasin Valley
Located 137 km from Gilgit, Yasin Valley boasts attractive villages, cultivated fields, and orchards, offering a unique experience in the remote valleys of Hindukush.
- Ishkoman Valley
Known as the hub of glaciers and trekking routes, Ishkoman Valley is an ideal location for camping and sightseeing.
- Punial Valley
Renowned as the most beautiful and scenic part of the Ghizer District, Punial Valley is often called the "Fruit Basket" and is home to potential archaeological sites.
- Chilinji Ann and Qalander Uween
Chilinji Ann and Qalander Uween are high-altitude mountain passes offering spectacular views. "Qalander" refers to an ascetic wanderer, and "Uween" means a pass in the Wakhi language.
- Kargah Buddha
Kargah Buddha is an archaeological site featuring a carved standing Buddha image dating back to the 7th century, located about 6 miles outside Gilgit.
- Morning: Pick up from Islamabad and drive to Naran.
- Evening: Overnight stay at a hotel in Naran.
- Morning: After breakfast, embark on a scenic drive to Ghizer Valley via Gilgit.
- Evening: Check-in and overnight stay at a hotel in Ghizer Valley.
- Morning: Breakfast at the hotel, followed by exploring Ghizer Valley.
- Evening: Overnight stay in Phander Valley.
- Full Day: Engage in a full-day excursion to Shandur Pass.
- Evening: Return and overnight stay at a hotel.
- Full Day: Enjoy a full-day tour of Chitral and the Kalash Valley.
- Evening: Return for an overnight stay at the hotel.
- Morning: Departure for Islamabad via Swat.
- Evening: Arrival and overnight stay in Islamabad.
This itinerary covers a journey from Islamabad to Naran, Ghizer Valley, Phander Valley, Shandur Pass, and Chitral, including Kalash Valley, and ends the trip back to Islamabad via Swat.