Amin Brakk 5850m – Trekking Expedition
Amin Brakk, known as the Great Tower, derived its name from a local cook during a Spanish expedition. This impressive peak offers two significant climbing routes. The "Sol Solet" route, established by climbers Pep Masip, Miguel Puigdomenech, and Silvia Vidal in 1999, is a challenging 1,650-meter ascent with 22 pitches, rated A5 and 6c+. Another route, the British E3 and A3, consists of 32 pitches over 1,100 meters.
When considering an expedition to Amin Brakk, remember that logistics are crucial. Organizing your trip well is essential, and you can take advantage of competitive pricing and personalized services to make your experience smooth and memorable.Book now
Amin Brakk's base camp is at an altitude of 4,250 meters, serving as the starting point for these daring climbing expeditions. Its strategic location makes it accessible and convenient for climbers.
Climbing Amin Brakk has unique challenges, including constant rockfall, snow, and ice. It's considered even more demanding than the famous Trango Tower.
Accessibility and Permits:
One key advantage of Amin Brakk is its accessibility. It's below 6,000 meters, so no government peak permit is required. Additionally, it's close to the road, allowing for relatively quick access to the base camp. No peak or trekking permits are needed for Amin Brakk itself.
Day 1: Arrival in Islamabad
- Arrive in Islamabad, the starting point of your journey.
- Complete any necessary preparations and equipment checks.
- Briefing and last-minute arrangements with your expedition team.
Day 2: Islamabad to Skardu
- Begin a 24-hour drive to Skardu Valley.
- Enjoy the scenic views during the journey.
- Rest and acclimatize in Skardu upon arrival.
Day 3: Skardu to Amin Brakk Base Camp
- Embark on a 6-7 hour jeep ride to get closer to Amin Brakk.
- Begin the trek to the base camp.
- Set up camp at a suitable spot along the way.
Day 4: Trek to Nangma Valley
- Continue your trek, heading from your camp towards Nangma Valley.
- Arrive at the green meadow of Nangma Valley at an altitude of around 4,250 meters.
- Set up your base camp in this beautiful and challenging location.
Day 5-6: Exploration and Acclimatization
- Spend these days exploring Nangma Valley and its challenging routes.
- Begin the process of acclimatization to the high altitude.
- Hike and familiarize yourself with the terrain.
Day 7: Trek to K6 and K7 Mountains
- Venture further into Nangma Valley, which links to K6 and K7 mountains.
- Enjoy the stunning landscapes along the way.
- Return to your base camp in the evening.
Day 8: Acclimatization and Preparation
- Use this day for additional acclimatization.
- Double-check your equipment and gear for the upcoming climb.
- Review safety procedures and route planning.
Day 9: Ascent to Lechit Valley
- Begin your ascent towards Lechit Valley in Ghanche.
- This pass leads to new climbing opportunities.
- Enjoy the changing scenery as you progress.
Day 10: Return to Base Camp
- Descend from the pass and return to your Nangma Valley base camp.
- Rest and prepare for the upcoming climb of Amin Brakk.
- Reflect on your journey and the experiences so far. Book now